get ahead . make progress; succeed取得进一步成功
Anyone can get ahead in life if he or she really tries hard.任何人只要努力,都能成功。
We are getting ahead well with the project.我们这个项目进展顺利。
He is certainly getting ahead in his profession.他在业务上肯定得心应手。
get ahead . proceed进行
I would like to talk more about that but we must get ahead with other matters.我想对那个问题多谈谈,但是我们必须进行其它的项目。
get ahead of . obtain a position in front of;get in advance of走在…前面;领先;提前
Only hard work can get you ahead of your competitors.只有努力工作才能使你走在你的竞争者的前面。
The car behind wants to get ahead of you.后面那辆车想起你的车。
If I told you the end now, I would get ahead of myself in the story.我如果把结局现在就告诉你,我将提前结束我的故事。
get ahead of . surpass胜过;超过
He gets ahead of me in mathematics.他的数学比我好。
We are sure to get ahead of them in the near future.我们确信不久就会超过他们。
Tom has got ahead of all the others in the class.汤姆已经胜过了班上所有其他同学。
She got ahead of me this test.在这次考试中她的名次在我前面。
get along . (cause to) go forward; move on 进展;继续前进
The car could hardly get along on the icy surface.汽车在冰面上难以行驶。
The sailing boat was getting along fast before the wind.帆船正在顺风飞速前进。
get along . go;depart走;离开
We had better get along before the fog gets worse.我们最好在雾大之前动身。
It is rather late, and I think I'd better be getting along.很晚了,我想,我该走了。
get along . proceed;advance;make progress进行;进展;进步
How are the builders getting along with your new house? 建筑工人把你的新房盖得如何了?
My work's getting along much better now.现在我的工作进展得顺利多了。
How are you getting along with your English studies? 你的英语学习进展如何?
get along . manage to live or work设法过下去;设法干下去;对付
If you work hard, you will get along in that job.假如你努力工作,你就可以继续干下去。
He managed to get along without much money.他设法不用多少钱就对付过去。
The Robinsons only have a small pension,but they seem to get along all right.罗宾逊一家只有很少的年金,但似乎过得还不错。
Don't worry.I'll get along without you.不要担心,你不在我能对付。
get along . be on good terms;live or work together in a friendly way相处融洽;合作
He is hard to get along with.他这个人很难相处。
We get along with them very well.我们跟他们处得很好。
The two brothers don't get along at all.They are very different in character.这兄弟俩一点也合不来,他们的性格截然不同。
The couple got a divorce because they could not get along.那对夫妇离婚了,因为他们处不好。
Jane has such a bad disposition that nobody can get along with her.简脾气很坏,没有人能和她合得来。
get along . move or convey along 运送;转交
I'll get the books along to you as soon as I can.我一定尽快把书给你送去。
get along . advance in age ;advance in time;become old or late上年纪;变老或变暗(常用于进行时态)
Grandmother is seventy-eight and getting along.祖母已七十八岁,上年纪了。
It was getting along towards sundown when we left the office.我们下班时,太阳快下山了。
Although he is getting along,he is still strong and lusty.他虽然上了年纪,但还是身强力壮。
get along . go away走开;滚开
Get along with you!I don't believe a word of it .去你的吧!我一点也不信。
get around to . get round to . find the necessary time for; do something after putting it off 找时间去做;(为某人某事)腾出时间
Tell Jane I can't get round to her request this afternoon,so she can go home and come back tomorrow afternoon.你告诉简,我今天下午腾不出时间来考虑她的要求,所以她可以先回家,明天下午再来。
I always wanted to write,but have never got round to it .我总想写,但一直没有时间动笔。
I haven't been able to get round to looking at your essay yet, but I'll read it this evening.我一直没能腾出时间来看你的文章,今晚我将拜读一下。
I'll get around to washing my car this week.本周我将腾出时间来洗我的车子。