使某人想起某事 remind somebody of something
答复 reply to
回应,反映,响应respond to
产生某种作用或结果,导致result in
跑掉,迅速离开 run off
用完 run out of something
耗尽,用光,用完something run out
轧过,匆匆过一遍(看一遍,讲一遍,重复一遍)run over
冲向,赶过去。rush over
冲出去rush out
掠过,快速通过rush through
寻找seek for
卖完,出卖sell out
作为,当作 serve as
勉强同意,接受 settle for
出席,露面 show up
凝视,盯着看 stare at
粘住,坚持,忠于 stick to
继续支持,保持联系stick with
同 做斗争 struggle against
受 苦 suffer from
趋于,朝某方向 tend to
向 扔去 throw at
扔掉 throw away
吐出(事物),呕吐throw up
系,栓,捆 tie up
头发扎起来 tie up one's hair = do up one's hair
扎起来 tie up = do up
筋疲力尽 tire out
信赖,信任trust =trust in= have trust in = rely on
试验,尝试,试用 try out
来回,上上下下,来来往往up and down
现代的,时新的,据目前所知的up to date
用完 ,用尽 use up .
继续工作,从事于 ,忙于 ,不断做 work on
算出,解决,想出(办法),制定(计划),结局,至最后work out
对 起作用 work with
宁愿,宁可 would rather
一面之词 one side of the story
她所说的只是一面之词而已。What she said is totally one side of the story.
那条新闻只是一面之词。That news only told one side of the story.
(你到底想说什么?) What are you trying to say?
(别胡闹了。) Don't be silly.
(你近视多少度?) How strong are your glasses?
(仅仅因为;只是因为) Just because.
我从不以貌取人。I never chose people just because of their looks.
(这不是我所盼望的。) It isn't the way I hoped it would be.
(你永远猜不到。) You will never guess.
(众人对此束手无措。) No one could do anything about it.
(深感事情不妙。)I saw something deeply disturbing.
(要做金钱的主人,莫做金钱的奴隶。) Money is a good servant but a bad master.
(我没空,没时间) I am not available.
(脑中的知识比手中的金钱更重要) Wisdom in the mind is better than money in the hand.
别泄气,那只是小菜一碟。 Never say die.it's a piece of cake.
别担心,很快你就会习惯的。 Don't worry.you'll get use to it soon.
我明白你的感受。 I know how you feel.
胜败乃兵家常事。 You win some.you lose some.
不要逃避现实。 Don't bury your head in the sand.
我没想到你干得这么好。 I didn't expect you to such a good job.
你做得挺顺利。 You are coming alone well.
她的身材真棒。 She is well-build.
你看起来很清纯。 You look neat and fresh.
你的气质很好。 You have a beautiful personality.
你过奖啦。 You flatter me immensely.
你不应该随意评论别人。 You should be slow to judge others.
如有任何错误,请你原谅 I hope you will excuse me if I make any mistake.
我太粗心了。 It was most careless of me.
真是始料不及。 It was quite by accident.
我希望所有被我浪费的时间重新回来,让我再浪费一遍。 I wish I had all the time I'd ever wasted,so I could waste it all over again.
我喜欢你以前的样子。 I like you the way you were.
你们两个自己去看电影吧,我不想当电灯泡。 You two go ahead to the movie without me,I don't want to be a third wheel.
你有心上人吗? Do you have anyone in mind?
你认识她多久了? How long have you known her?
一见钟情 It was love at first sight.
直言不讳 a piece of one's mind .
他责备道:“不要把责任推卸到别人身上。” He gave me a piece of mind,"Don't shift responsibility onto others."
水火不容的生活 a cat and dog life
这对夫妇老是吵架,相互之间水火不容。 The husband and his wife are always quarreling,and they are leading a cat and dog life.
潦倒的生活 a dog's life
这个人生活潦倒。 The man lived a dog's life.
从头至尾 A to Z
我很了解这件事。 I know that from A to Z.
深奥 above somebody
好了,这种谈话我实在不懂。Well, this sort of talk is above me.
全神贯注地倾听着 all ears
跟Mary讲一些小道消息,她会听地仔仔细细。 When you tell Mary some gossip,she is all ears.
更加,益发 all the more
度一次假,对你会更有好处。 You'll be all the better for a holiday.
我们必须更加快点干。We must work all the more quickly.
我要复习功课啦。I'd better hit the books.
爷爷,您最好能帮我一下。It might be better for you to help me,Grandpa.
had better在表示对别人劝告、建议时,不宜用于与陌生人、长辈及上级的交谈中。对长辈说话时,最好不用had better。比较有礼貌的说法是:It might be better for you;It would be better for you。