他不得不在死亡和耻辱之间选择。He had to choose between death and dishonor.
他以前的尝试没有成功。His previous attempts had been unsuccessful.
我决定什么都不改变。I determined that nothing should be changed.
我认为这事不会有什么好结果。I don't think it will lead to a good result.
我有4本书和2本杂志要借。I have 4 books and 2 magazines to check out.
我想各项都填对了。I think I've filled in everything correctly.
我没把握是否锁了门。I'm not sure whether I have locked the door.
他很快就把表修理好了。It took him a little time to fix that watch.
我爸爸正在家里找票呢!My father is at home looking for the ticket.
直到上周我才拿到工作许可证。Not until last week did I get a work permit.
她想以教书为职业。She intends to make teaching her profession.
字母x代表未知数。The letter "x" stands for an unknown number.
看到尸体把他吓僵了。The sight of the dead body scared him stiff.
在北京有许多高大的建筑物。There are lots of huge buildings in Beijing.
在一频道有一部有趣的电影。There is an interesting film on Channel one.
他们计划明年移居芬兰。They plan to immigrate to Finland next year.
我们喜欢沿着新建的高速公路开车。We enjoyed driving along the new expressway.
要想赢得比赛,我们需要密切配合。 We need to cooperate perfectly to win the game.
我们需要的不光是听得进意见,我们要的是行动。We need more than listening, We need action!
是的,如果我是你,我不会早回家。Yes, I wouldn't go home early if I were you.
你的答案是令人满意的。我感到很满意。Your answer is satisfying, I feel satisfied.
贝蒂和苏珊正在通电话。Betty and Susan are talking on the telephone.
巨大的努力确保了我们工作的成功。Great efforts ensure the success of our work.
他已尝遍了人生的甜酸苦辣。He has tasted the sweets and bitters of life.
他说他是在美国受的教育。He said he was educated in the United States.
你觉得我们的英国文学课的教授怎么样?How do you like our English literature Prof?
我期待着你下周来访。I am looking forward to your visit next week.
我觉得自己是世界上最幸福的人了。I feel I am the happiest person in the world.
我不得不熬通宵写报告。I had to sit up all night writing the report.
希望还能有相见的机会。I hope we can see each other again some time.
我看见他在操场上踢足球。I saw him playing football on the playground.
就在明天,他们要开会。It is tomorrow that they will have a meeting.
让我告诉你一些通关的细节。Let me tell you some details about clearance.
大脑需要连续不断地供血。The brain needs a continuous supply of blood.
医生的话让他感觉很舒服。The doctor's words made him feel comfortable.
事实真相和你所想的完全不同。The truth is quite other than what you think.
当老板进来的时候;他们停止了交谈。They stopped talking when their boss came in.
他们为考试结束了而高兴。They were glad of the examination being over.
这是目前世界上最大的蛋糕了。This is by far the largest cake in the world.
不论你选择哪一个,你都不会满意。Whichever you choose, you won't be satisfied.
你把这根电线和电视机连上好吗?Will you connect this wire to the television ?
他的话深深地铭记在我的心头。His words are strongly impressed on my memory.
这辆车到首都图书馆吗?Is this the shuttle bus to the Capital Library?
Is this the right bus to the Capital Library?
这一地区三分之一的地方都是森林。One third of this area is covered with forest.
他们为谁应该付款而争论不休。They are arguing over who should pay the bill.
等一下,我立刻就来。Wait a moment, I'll be with you in an instant.
你可以节省等电梯的时间。You'll save time not waiting for the elevator.
只要问心无愧,无端的指责可以一笑置之。A clear conscience laughs at false accusation.
我头疼,她胃疼。I have a headache, and she has a stomachache.
他怒视着比尔,准备教训他一顿。He glared at Bill, ready to teach him a lesson.
我保证你根本不会觉得疼的。I assure you that you will feel no pain at all.
每天都去餐馆吃饭,我真是支付不起。I can't afford to go to a restaurant every day.
我六点钟出门,以便赶上火车。I left at 6:00 so that I could catch the train.
我恐怕有些很坏的消息要告诉你。I'm afraid I have some rather bad news for you.
学会在适当的时候说适当的话。Learn to say the right thing at the right time.
你吃这么多难怪睡不着。No wonder you can't sleep when you eat so much.
她回来时请让她给我回个电话。Please ask her to call me back when she's back.
游泳池里挤满了人。There are a lot of people in the swimming pool.
他们必须努力工作来支持他们的家。They have to work hard to support their family.
这样他就能两全其美。This way, he can kill two birds with one stone.
我们都服药治疗疾病。We are all taking medicine against the disease.
请你跟我一起去参加一个舞会好吗?Would you please go to a dancing party with me?
他常常在回家的路上顺便来看看我。He usually drops in at my place on his way home.
他们坦率的谈话伤害了他的虚荣心。His vanity was hurt by their talking so frankly.
你怎样去北京,是乘飞机还是坐火车?How would you go to Beijing, by air or by train?
我无法表达我接到他的信时有多高兴。I cannot express how glad I am to hear from him.
如果汤姆不能信守诺言,他就会丢面子。If Tom cannot keep his promise, he'll lose face.
即使她不爱我,我还仍然爱她。I'll still love her even if she doesn't love me.
我收到一份请帖,但没有接受。I received an invitation, but I did not accept it.
如果我是你,就不会为英语烦恼了。If I were you, I would not be bothered by English.
如果你不学习,你考试就会不及格。If you don't work, you will fail to pass the exam.
我打算把灯吊在天花板上。I'm thinking of hanging the lamp from the ceiling.
健康永远比皮包骨头好。It is more important to be healthy than bony slim.
很久以前人们相信地球是平的。Long ago, people believed that the world was flat.
老调最甜美,老友最可靠。Old tunes are sweetest and old friends are surest.
她明确地表示她不喜欢游泳。She makes it clear that she doesn't like swimming.
宪法保护人民的自由。The constitution guards the liberty of the people.
大夫仔细检查了战士的伤口。The doctor examined the soldier's wound carefully.
我越努力,我的英语就会越好。The harder I study, the better my English will be.
阳光闪烁,天空湛蓝。The sun was shining and the sky was crystal clear.
这间地下室在雨季非常潮湿。This cellar room is very damp in the rainy season.
电子计算机正渐渐成为我们日常生活的一部分。Computers are becoming a part of our everyday life.
每个人都有愚蠢的时候,但是没有一个人永远愚蠢。Every man is fool sometimes, but none at all times.
他曾梦想到遥远的南海诸岛去旅游。He dreamed of traveling to remote South Sea Islands.