我父亲有说不完的趣事 My father is a repository of interesting facts.
换句话说,多想出智慧 In other words, much thinking yields wisdom.
耐心点儿 Hold your horses.
如果我有所冒犯,我道歉 I apologize if I seem forward.
他详细检查车子有无故障 He inspected the car for defects.
除非太阳打西边出来 Till pigs can fly.
他入不敷出 He could not make both ends meet.
让你大饱眼福 Feast your eyes.
一只鲨鱼在追我 A shark was after me.
我希望你能原谅我 I hope you'll forgive me.
我随你 whatever you think is fine with me.
穿红衣服的那个女孩是他的女朋友 The girl in red is his girlfriend.
她在小路上来回走着 She walked back and forth on the path.
别这么孩子气 Don't be so childish.
我的朋友在考试前打退堂鼓了 My friend got cold feet before the exam.
有什么新情况(要求别人把某件事情的最新进展告诉你) Keep me updated.
你告诉别人某件事情的最新进展 Let me update.
生意不太好 The business is slow.
生意活络 The trade is brisk.
The market is brisk.
他开不起玩笑 He can't take a joke.
众人负责等于无人负责 Everybody's business is nobody's business.
我今天心神不宁 I'm not myself today.
晚饭我请客 Dinner is on me.
他的老板也许会生他的气 His boss might get angry with him.
我已经绞尽脑汁 I have racked my brain.
天啊 My goodness.
My God.
My stars and garters.
不管怎样还是要谢谢你 Thank you all the same.
那不关我的事 It's no skin off my nose.
It's not my business.
It has nothing to do with me.
你在忙什么呢 What are you up to?.
老实说,我20岁了 To be honest with you,I'm twenty.
她和男友感情稳定 Her boyfriend went steady with her.
他们有固定的约会 They have regular date.
我不留神忘了 It slipped my mind.
这个月我不得不勒紧腰带过日子 I have to tighten my belt this month.
他有惊人的记忆力 He has a remarkable memory.
我们达成共识了吗 Do we have an accord? .
很高兴你很喜欢 I'm glad you enjoyed it.
家丑不外扬 There is a skeleton in the cupboard.
我迟早要收拾他 I'll lay my hands on him sooner or later.
都一样 It doesn't make any difference.
我完全信任你 You have my full confidence.
千载难逢 once in a blue moon.
就这样 That's all!.
我非常地感谢他 I thanked him an awful lot.
如今大学生多得不值钱了 Nowadays the graduates are a dime a dozen.
他仅仅是替罪羊而已 He is just a whipping boy.
他敢于思考,富有创新观点 He is a bold thinker, with lots of original ideas.
必须得想个办法 Something must be done about it.
他患了癌症 He was afflicted with cancer.
这件衣服不适合她,她太瘦了 The dress doesn't fit her,She is too thin.
天网恢恢,疏而不漏 Justice has long arms.
扣人心弦的事情 a cliff-hanger.
他差点儿出了车祸 He was nearly involved in a car accident.
你能适应新的工作吗 Can you adapt yourself to the new job?.
我对它们有些生疏了 I'm a little rusty on them.
看情形似乎没有出路了 It seemed as if there was no way out.
你先请 After you.
我就是忍不住 I just couldn't help it.
别往心里去,别为此而忧伤劳神 Don't take it to heart.
我们该走了 We'd better be off.
面对现实吧 Let's face it.
咱们开始干吧 Let's get started.
我真是累死了 I'm really dead.
我已经尽力了 I've done my best.
真是那样吗? Is that so?.
别跟我耍花招 Don't play games with me!.
我不确切知道 I don't know for sure.
我不是跟你开玩笑 I'm not going to kid you.
太好了,太棒了 That's something.
这主义真棒,真高明 Brilliant idea!.
此话当真 Do you really mean it?.
你帮了大忙 You are a great help.
我再肯定不过 I couldn't be more sure.
我支持你 I am behind you.
我身无分文 I'm broke.
请注意 Mind you!.
你尽力相信好了,尽管放心 You can count on it.
我一直不太喜欢这东西 I never liked it anyway.
看情况再说 That depends.
祝贺你 Congratulations.
无论如何我还是要谢谢你 Thanks anyway.
一言为定 It's a deal.
当着某人的面,在某人眼皮底下 under one's nose.
引狼入室 set a fox to keep one's geese.
你搞懂了 You figured it out.
我欣赏你的做法 I like the way you handled that.
你不一般 You are special.
我知道你能做 I knew you could do it.
他把她甩了 He dumped her.