我过去的生活My past life
我出生在一个小村庄I was born in a small village
喂 ,玲玲,你出生在哪里?Hey, Lingling,Where were you born?
我出生在山西省的一个小村庄,I was born in a small village in Shanxi Province,
这个村子叫什么名字?What was the name of the village?
托尼,你出生在哪里?Where were you born, Tony?
我出生在剑桥,这是英国的一个小城市,I was born in Cambridge, It's a small city in England,
你的第一所学校叫什么名字?那是达尔文小学, What was the name of your first school? It was Darwin Primary School,
你的第一位老师是谁? Who was your first teacher?
我的第一位老师是莱恩夫人,My first teacher was Mrs Lane,
她很严格但很好, She was strict but very nice,
你的第一位老师是谁? Who was your first teacher?
姚女士,她非常友好, Ms Yao, She was very friendly,
你最初的朋友是谁?他们是什么样子的? Who were your first friends? What were they like?
他们的名字是贝基和亚当,Their names were Becky and Adam,
贝基在班上很好,但亚当不好, Becky was very good in class but Adam wasn't,
他很难相处, He was quite difficult,
你是什么样的人?你在班上也很难相处吗?不,我没有,And what were you like? Were you difficult in class too?No, I wasn't,
我很好相处!我出生在昆西 I was very good! I was born in Quincy
《我在昆西的生活》,贝蒂·金著My life in Quincy, By Betty King
12年前,我出生在美国东海岸的一个小镇昆西。I was born in Quincy, a town on the east coast of America, twelve years ago,
昆西有很多事情要做,有很多商店,两家电影院,足球俱乐部和篮球队, There were lots of things to do in Quincy, with many stores, two movie theaters, football clubs and basketball teams too,
我对昆西并不厌倦, I wasn't bored in Quincy,
我在那里很开心, I was very happy there,
美国两位总统约翰·亚当斯和他的儿子约翰·昆西·亚当斯出生在昆西。Two presidents of the US, John Adams and his son John Quincy Adams, were born in Quincy,
你可以参观他们家的老房子, You can visit their old family houses,
我们的房子又大又舒适, Our house was big and comfortable,
这里有一间大客厅,有一台电视、一间厨房、一间浴室和三间卧室, There was a big living room with a TV, a kitchen, a bathroom and three bedrooms,
我卧室的墙上挂着我最喜欢的电影明星的照片, On my bedroom walls there were pictures of my favourite movie stars,
房子后面有一个大花园,里面有很多树,还有一个小湖,里面有鱼,Behind the house, there was a big garden with lots of trees and there was a small lake with fish in it,
在那里玩耍很棒, It was great to play there,
昆西有很多孩子,There were lots of children in Quincy,
他们中有很多人是我的朋友。 Many of them were my friends,
这是我们最后一次在美国,我最后一次在那里是在2010年。 This was our last in the US and I was there for the last time in twenty ten,
总有一天我会回去,我期待着再次见到我的朋友。 One day I'll go back, and I'm looking forward to seeing my friends again