广播时报。radio times,
“你多大了?”WXBN的无线电工作室经理低头看着我,“十五,”我说。"How old are you?" the radio studio manager at WXBN looked down at me,"Fifteen," I said,
你想在电台工作吗?你不应该在学校吗?”他问道。"And you want a job in radio? Shouldn't you be at school?" he asked,
我怎么解释?我一直很喜欢收音机。How could I explain? I've always loved the radio,
我记得大约四五岁的时候,我坐在客厅里的收音机旁边,听我最喜欢的节目,听我最喜欢的主持人的声音。 When I was about four or five years old, I remember sitting close to the radio in the living room, listening to my favourite programmes, and to the voices of my favourite presenters,
他们好像是当面跟我说话。 It seemed that they were speaking to me in person,
九岁时,我向小型广播电台求职。 At the age of nine, I asked for jobs in small radio stations,
随着年龄的增长,我对收音机的兴趣也在增长。As I grew older, my interest in radio grew,
有一天我了解了网络广播。 One day I learnt about Internet radio,
每周一次,我从父亲的电脑里播放我最喜欢的音乐给听众听,谈论学校生活,然后关机做作业。 Once a week, I played my favourite music from my father's computer to the listeners, talked about life at school, and then closed down and did my homework,
很快,我初中的朋友们开始倾听,然后他们想帮忙。Soon my friends at junior high school started to listen, and then they wanted to help,
我们准备了每周的节目、关于音乐的文章、体育新闻、笑话和天气预报(我是通过向窗外看的)。 We prepared the weekly programmes, articles about music, sports news, jokes and the weather report (I did this by looking out of the window),
“好的,跟我来,”WXBN经理说。"OK, come with me," the WXBN manager said,
我坐在录音室里,对着麦克风。 I sat down in the studio, in front of a microphone,
"他在另一个房间,在玻璃墙后面,“好的,让我们做一个声音检查,告诉我你早餐吃了什么。” He was in another room, behind the glass wall,"OK, let's do a sound check, Just tell me what you had for breakfast,
所有电台主持人都从同一个问题开始工作。All radio presenters begin work with the same question,
“我吃了鸡蛋、水果和一些牛奶”,“好的,太好了!”玻璃后面的人说。"I had eggs, fruit and some milk,""OK, that's great!" the man behind the glass said,
这就是我第一份真正的广播工作的开始。And this was how my first real job in radio began,